Fortunately for her, she discovered the 3 Principles and was able to understand that it is only ever our thinking about a particular subject that causes our suffering. It is possible to be happy, fulfilled, and perfectly content without the things we think are essential for those conditions.
[No personal intro from me this week, unfortunately, as I’m having computer problems and am limping along on an old computer while my current one is at the doctor.]
- The imaginary futures we make up
- How an insight about one area of life can affect all areas of our life
- Getting into the hidden corners of our thoughts
- The behaviors we exhibit when we’re caught up in insecure thinking
- Why understanding the nature of thought is the ‘secret sauce’ when it comes to transformation
- Unearthing the companion and kindness at our core once we are able to understand thought
- The ripple effects out to families and beyond when we begin to grasp this understanding
Resources mentioned in this episode
Vivienne Edgecombe is living a life she loves in the south of France with her husband, cat, dog, and three chickens, where she spends her time coaching and facilitating with individuals and organizations, walking in the mountains and writing when the mood takes her.
Her second book Already Complete: Beyond the Myths of Childlessness is the result of her having seen something fundamental about our ability to be happy fulfilled and to feel complete even when life doesn’t turn out how we expected.
You can listen above or on iTunes or your favorite podcast app or watch the video here. Below are the show highlights, resources we mention, and full transcript.Continue reading…