Rebecca Perkins struggled for years to help her daughter, Bea, get well from anorexia. In this podcast episode, Rebecca shares how all-consuming the issue was. And then, when Rebecca stumbled across the Three Principles, which point toward our innate health, wellness, and well-being it was a game-changer for her and ultimately also for her daughter.
Bea is now fully recovered from anorexia and together mother and daughter have written a book about their experience and their new understanding that knowing where our thoughts and experience of life are coming from can release us from the self-imposed prisons we sometimes find ourselves in.
In the introduction I mention the exploration I’ve had in the last week about habitual thought storms and their persuasive but predictable nature. You can read more detail in the blog post.
- The simple yet profound transformation when we understand where our experience is coming from
- The domino effect of one new thought
- On the mirage of our thinking
- Writing a book together as a team
- Why the answer to eating disorders is not where we think it is
- And why the past doesn’t matter the way we think it does
- Seeing health rather than illness in a person with an eating disorder
- Looking for the innate space of stillness we all have beneath the choppy waves of our thoughts
Rebecca Perkins has worked as a professional wellbeing and resilience coach for 12 years with both individuals and in groups and across all ages and sectors. More recently she has focused her work with young people who are struggling with anxiety, panic attacks, addictions and eating disorders.
She has seen firsthand profound changes in herself and her family as well as deep transformation for her clients as she has deepened your understanding of how well-being and resilience are innate in all of us.
Rebecca is the published author of highly rated titles including Best Knickers Always: 50 Lessons for Midlife, and Recovery From Within: A Mother and Daughter’s Journey Through Anorexia.
You can find Rebecca at RecoveryFromWithin.lifecontinue reading…