Today I talk to coach Monique Koven about her experience with chronic PTSD, which developed as a result of childhood abuse, and all the things she did to manage that until she came across the three principles. If you’ve ever dealt with any kind of trauma, I think you’re going to get a ton out of this conversation with Monique.
Monique Koven is a certified trauma recovery and resilience coach. She has worked for over twenty-five years as a social worker. She was diagnosed with chronic PTSD and anxiety as a result of childhood trauma and abuse. She spent decades trying to find the right therapeutic modality to fix her.
Today she is fully recovered and no longer believes that she was ever broken. She believes that everyone has innate resilience, mental well-being and peace of mind. She also believes that you can move forward with your life because resilience is part of our design.
You can find Monique at MoniqueKovenCoaching.com
You can listen above or on iTunes or your favorite podcast app. Below are the show highlights, resources we mention, and full transcript.
- On feeling isolated by C-PTSD
- How our innate resilience keeps us looking for answers because we know we are well and whole
- The huge self-help toolboxes we have that aren’t helpful
- The liberation and hopefulness that comes with understanding where our experience comes from
- Learning that there’s nothing we need to do about memories from the past
- Why having a compassionate witness for trauma is important
- The affect chronic stress has on our bodies and how to change that