What if our suffering is pointing us toward a deeper truth about how life works?Amanda Jones has lived a life! She was a dancer from a young age, but also suffered with eating disorders, anxiety and depression. She’s now a coach and the author of the book Uncovery, which is a beautiful examination of the very human process of recovery from suffering by understanding how thought works. I was thrilled to have a one-on-one coaching call with Amanda in late 2017 when I enrolled in The Little School of Big Change. It was a delight to talk to her again and learn more about her journey.
Amanda Jones is a former dancer, current coach and an author who explores a deep understanding of how our experience works. The implications of this understanding uncovered freedom from eating disorders, depression, and anxiety after 25 years. Looking at what is behind the curtain of our experiences has proven to be the end of a lifelong search and Amanda shares this exploration with others to help uncover their true nature.
You can listen above or on iTunes or your favorite podcast app or watch the video here. Highlights, notes, resources and full transcript below.
You can find Amanda at UncoverySpace.com
- On what ‘Uncovery’ means to Amanda
- In recovery, waiting for the other shoe to drop OR feeling finally at peace
- On how what we think is triggering us, actually isn’t
- The difference between correlation and causation when it comes to our thoughts
- How events don’t cause the spiritual energy of thought